Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> Starbase 34

Observation Lounge
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Observation Lounge  Reply with quote  

The Commodore was too excited to take a seat in the Observation Lounge and watched for the Space Doors to part. As soon as they did, E.J. clapped his hands in excitement as the Space Doors opened and he could see Explorer moving with its maneuvering thrusters to the interior of the Spacedock. Slowly it moved, gracefully, until it parked in Berth 4 which was where Event Horizon launched from.

Together with the Admiral, they walked to the large open area in the Observation Lounge and waited for Event Horizon’s crew to be transferred from the Flight Deck of USS Explorer. The Commodore wasn’t sure if Explorer was going to beam them over or allow them to exit through a Gangway so E.J. looked at Adm Arayuss and asked him if he knew what was going to happen.

Como Carpathia: Admiral, will Explorer beam them all into the Observation Lounge or allow them to exit through a Gangway tunnel?

As the Commodore waited to hear what was about to happen next, E.J. kept his eyes locked on Explorer to see if there was a Gangway extending to one of the hatches on the Starboard side of the ship, or if the crew was just going to transport right there into the Observation Lounge. Either way, the Commodore was excited to see his friends that were members of the Event Horizon’s crew make it back onto the decks of SB34. E.J. couldn’t wait to hug them all and welcome them home!

Post Tue May 31, 2022 5:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

Aeryck looked back towards his friend, E.J. and shrugged his shoulders as he replied to his inquiry. It was up to Explorer to decide how it wished for the crew of Event Horizon to disembark. Whether it be by a mass transport or if it was going to summon the Gangway over to the Starboard Gangway Hatch, the Admiral would be pleased that his vessel was able to rescue everyone from Universe C-57D.

To the CinC's surprise, the crew of Event Horizon materialized in the vast area of the Observation Lounge. The first thing the Admiral noticed was 2 Cryo-Chambers which indicated there were members of the crew that did not survive! Aeryck figured one of them had to be Jo'Kla, but he was unsure who the other one was...until he searched the faces of Event Horizon's crew and noticed Prof Brewer was NOT one of them! The Admiral's eyes stung with tears as he walked over to the Cryo-Chamber and placed his hands on it. Looking around, he noticed Cmdr Cypher approaching to offer his condolences. But before the Commander could say anything, Aeryck immediately asked the XO what happened to his friend.

Adm Arayuss: Commander, what happened to Professor Brewer?

As the Admiral waited to hear an explanation from Cmdr Cypher as to why his friend of many years was dead, the tears streamed down his face. Aeryck looked for Como Carpathia and saw him hugging Lt. JG DeGrazzio and PO3 Florenté while standing amongst his Marines. The Commodore was visually ecstatic about having his family back together. The CinC did not want to darken his friend's unification with his crew by telling him that their friend, Prof Lloyd Brewer was no longer alive. Aeryck decided on holding off and carrying the brunt of Lloyd's loss alone for the time being.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CMDR Cypher
Commander

Thom could see the grief in the face of Adm Arayuss while he approached him. The loss of Prof Brewer was indeed terrible. Dr. Tudismaque did not report a cause of death yet for the Professor, but Cmdr Cypher was sure the facilities aboard SB34 could figure out how Jo'Kla murdered the man.

Cmdr Cypher: I'm so sorry, Admiral. All we know is that before Jo'Kla ended his own life, he claimed responsibility for killing the Professor. Dr. Tudismaque has yet to determine a cause of death for you, Sir. But I am sure the medical facilities aboard Starbase 34 could easily accommodate that. I must also report that Captain Little is still incapacitated due to a mental illness that struck him while we were together on Trivadia Core with Inquisitor Tollus Dark'Aar. We brought the Inquisitor with us in our escape from the Emerald Chain. I will introduce him to you shortly. He has a profound interest in seeing our universe compared to the sad living arrangements he had in Universe C-57D. I must also thank you for sending Explorer to help us get home, Sir. Without your assistance, we would've all perished aboard Event Horizon when the Auto Destruct was executed.

The Commander knew the Admiral would have a lot more inquiries for him, not to mention the debriefing FAdm Skyner would have for him. As Thom looked around, he could see the USS Whitestar looking like it was a brand new Akira Class Starship over in Berth 3! This pleased the Chief Engineer to no end. The Commander just wasn't too thrilled with being under the command of Capt Zn'Osha. The Captain did not seem like the type of Commanding Officer that gave a crap about anyone but herself and was more into drinking along with making the crew feel uneasy around her.

Post Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

The Admiral was still stunned by the news of Jo'Kla killing the Professor. Aeryck realized he was going to have to make arrangements to meet with Dr. Brewer aboard Whitestar and inform him of his twin brother's death. Lt. JG Tudismaque would most likely have to take over as the Chief Medical Officer since Dr. Brewer will want to return to Earth with the body of his brother. This saddened the CinC tremendously.

Adm Arayuss: Thank you for the update, Commander. I have one for you as well. In your absence, I have replaced Captain Zh'Osha with Capt Daqtorgh as Commanding Officer aboard Whitestar. It became apparent to Commander Ashborn that she was an alcoholic and I'm sending her back to Deep Space Nine to be assigned elsewhere. Captain Daqtorgh is aboard Whitestar now along with the ship's new Yeoman, Ensign Luis Garcia. Commander Ashborn has been overseeing the repairs and as you can see, Whitestar is practically brand new again. After your debriefing with Fleet Admiral Skyner, you will want to report in to your new Captain. I need to speak with Commodore Carpathia and let him know about Professor Brewer, if you will excuse me.

Wiping the tears from his face, Aeryck walked over to where E.J. was exchanging hugs with all the members of his crew that was aboard the Event Horizon mission. The Commodore looked so happy to be reunited with friends from Infiniti. The Admiral felt bad about having to destroy the happiness with the news of the Professor being murdered.

Adm Arayuss: Commodore, may I have a word with you?

The CinC took a few steps away from the group and waited for Como Carpathia to walk over to him. After going through such an ordeal, the crew of Event Horizon would be getting commendations for their work. Aeryck also wanted to make time to speak with the guest they brought back with them from Universe C-57D. The Admiral was quite sure that FAdm Skyner would want to speak with Inquisitor Dak'Aar as well.

Post Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

After E.J. finished hugging MCpt Lopez, 1Lt. Parra, MSgt Arbor and the rest of the Marines, he hugged Lt. JG DeGrazzio and PO3 Florenté once more before turning to Adm Arayuss and excusing himself from the crew of Infiniti the Commodore had welcomed home with open arms. E.J. walked over to where Adm Arayuss was standing, a short distance from the main group of arrivals.

Como Carpathia: What is it, Admiral? Is something wrong?

The Commodore could see in the Admiral's face he had seriously bad news for him. E.J. braced himself for the news as best he could, hoping he'd be able to take it well. After being reunited with his friends from Event Horizon's mission, Como Carpathia was already overly emotional. The eyes of Adm Arayuss had the appearance of having cried, so if he cried, E.J. knew he wasn't going to handle the news well...at all.

Post Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

Aeryck broke the news about their friend, Prof Brewer’s murder to the Commodore gently. The three of them had been good friends for many years and even though the Professor was 90 years old, he still had a lot of life left in him. The Specialized Science Laboratories will not be the same without Prof Brewer and his intense research. Aeryck thought of all the friends he made within the fleet and how sorely he would be missed. It was very hard to avoid tearing up again as the Admiral told Como Carpathia about the loss of their dear friend.

Adm Arayuss: I have to tell you something terrible, E.J. Before Jo’Kla committed suicide, he admitted to murdering Professor Brewer. The two of them are in those cryo-chambers over there near the BioBed with Captain Little recovering in it. I am going to have to make arrangements to inform Dr. Brewer about his twin brother. You may want to let his friends aboard Infiniti know as well. We will have a ceremony for him as soon as it can be arranged. This is deeply emotional for me, so I may need your help coping with this.

The CinC could sense how bad the Commodore was taking the news. Aeryck did not expect anything less from his friend of many years. The Admiral embraced Como Carpathia as they both wept over the loss of Lloyd Franklin Brewer. The Professor had been such an integral part of their lives for over 20 years. What would be even more difficult, will be when it is time to say goodbye to Prof Brewer at the ceremony in the near future. Informing Dr. Brewer will be an excruciatingly painful a task as well and Aeryck was not looking forward to that at all.

Post Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

E.J. immediately broke down in the Admiral's embrace. All he could think about was the loss of a great friend and an awesome mind. Prof Brewer was incredibly generous and the friendliest, most understanding person E.J. had ever met. Why would anyone was to kill him? The Commodore was so filled with rage that he wanted to lead a mission into the Mirror Universe and destroy whoever sent Jo'Kla to do their bidding. But revenge wasn't the Starfleet way, and E.J. knew that.

Como Carpathia: You have my utmost support, Admiral. Whatever you need, I'm here for you. Do you know how Lloyd was murdered, Sir? I would really like to lead a mission to destroy whoever was responsible for this travesty. I know it's not our way, but it's how I feel right now., Admiral.

The Commodore let go of Adm Arayuss as they still remained close together. E.J. looked around the Observation Lounge and witnessed the crew of Event Horizon celebrating their return home. Off to the side was the USS Whitestar in Berth 3, looking like a brand new Starship. Those members of Event Horizon that would be returning to the Akira Class vessel could be seen looking up at the newly repaired ship with happiness in their eyes. Como Carpathia knew he had to supply Capt Daqtorgh with Whitestar's new orders, but now was not the time. E.J. needed the opportunity to grieve with the rest of the friends of Prof Brewer in Gamma Fleet.

Post Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

Aeryck was pleased for the emotional support he would get from E.J. to help him through the loss of Prof Brewer. The Admiral was still in disbelief as he spoke to the Commodore in regard to how he figured the Professor was murdered.

Adm Arayuss: Thank you for being there for me, E.J. I have a feeling the Professor was poisoned somehow. Which means Jo'Kla had to of had the poison on him when he boarded Event Horizon. This plan was premeditated and I understand how you feel. But we cannot go on revenge missions. It is just not the way we do things. But we will talk about it more later. Right now let us continue to welcome the crew of Event Horizon home.

The Admiral walked back over to where Infiniti's crew had clustered together and shook Lt. JG DeGrazzio by the hand and thanked him for sending the beacon using the remains of the TDD in order for Explorer to receive their message of distress.

Adm Arayuss: Welcome back, Lieutenant. I am extremely pleased that you used the Transdimensional Displacement Device to serve as a beacon. Without your skill, I would have never known you were in trouble and sent Explorer to retrieve Event Horizon's crew. Had it not been for you, everyone aboard the ship would have been lost. I owe you my sincere thanks, Jayden.

The CinC could see the pride Lt. JG DeGrazzio had in his eyes when he received such high praise from the Admiral. Aeryck waited to hear if the Science Officer had anything to say on his behalf of himself. While waiting, Adm Arayuss looked over at PO3 Florenté and smiled at the young Engineer. After speaking with Jayden, Aeryck would speak to Jamie. The CinC was also planning on welcoming back everyone of Event Horizon's crew so Aeryck anticipated being in the Observation Lounge for a while.

Post Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
LT DeGrazzio
Lieutenant

Jayden was extremely pleased to have the opportunity to speak with Adm Arayuss. The Lieutenant JG always admired the Admiral and was thrilled the CinC got the message he sent through his make-shift beacon. It was because of Adm Arayuss that Lt. JG DeGrazzio felt he was alive, so he thanked the Admiral profusely.

Lt. JG DeGrazzio: Thank you so much, Admiral! Had it not been for you sending Explorer to save us, we would all be dead right now. It was my duty to use the TDD as a beacon and send that message, but had you not acted so quickly there's no way we would all be here. So I thank you, Sir, for saving my life and the lives of Event Horizon's crew.

The Chief Science Officer of Infiniti remained standing by Adm Arayuss to hear what more he had to say to the Lieutenant JG. Standing with him was MCpt Lopez, 1Lt. Parra, MSgt Arbor, the squad of Infiniti's Marines and PO3 Florenté. Jayden could tell they were all quite jubilant over making it home and having their failure of a mission finally complete.

Post Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

The Admiral smiled at Lt. JG DeGrazzio, sensing his admiration and thought it was really flattering. Aeryck shook the Lieutenant JG's hand once again as he responded to everything Jayden said about helping them escape their doom aboard Event Horizon.

Adm Arayuss: You are welcome, Jayden. I am just thrilled you did your due diligence to make that beacon. Otherwise we would have never known your ship was in trouble. So I thank you again for your ingenuity.

Aeryck spoke loud enough for the rest of Event Horizon's crew to hear as they stood around Infiniti's crew with large smiles on their faces. Some of them were Whitestar's crew and they were looking up at how their newly repaired Akira Class Starship was there waiting for them.

Adm Arayuss: You are all welcome for the rescue! I would do it again to save any one of you! You are all an extension of my family here in Gamma Fleet. I will always do what I can to protect all of you. For the crew here from USS Whitestar, I have a surprise for you. I replaced Captain Zh'Osha with Captain Daqtorgh, due to her alcoholic nature. Your new Commanding Officer is a very honorable Klingon that joined Starfleet after serving years in the Klingon Defense Force. Daqtorgh has sworn his loyalty to his crew, so I can say you will be in very safe hands. I am sure he will want to meet every one of you as soon as it is possible.

Looking at the crew of Oriskany, the Admiral addressed them next.

Adm Arayuss: Crew of USS Oriskany, your ship has been fully repaired and it is awaiting your next mission which will be supplied by Commodore Carpathia. Captain Calzada will be very happy to hear you are all back safely. I just need to find out if the Chief Engineer will be returning or not.

The CinC looked over at the crew of Infiniti, who were standing the closest to where he and the Commodore were at.

Adm Arayuss: As for you guys, you will still be under the command of Commodore Carpathia, since he refuses to take the promotion to Rear Admiral. What can I say, the Commodore loves his ship and crew too much to leave you. Since Infiniti sustained no damage at the Battle of Sector Epsilon, it is ready to leave as soon as the crew is.

Addressing everyone, Adm Arayuss smiled and held his arms wide open towards them.

Adm Arayuss: Welcome home everyone! Go and enjoy yourselves here in the Observation Lounge. I will be announcing to everyone aboard Starbase 34 that you have arrived home and they will surely be on their way here to greet all of you. So enjoy your time with your families!

The Commander in Chief of Gamma Fleet turned and pointed to the service area of the lounge so everyone knew they could order whatever they wished to eat or drink. That today was a day of celebration for everyone that returned from Universe C-57D. At a later time, Aeryck will make arrangements to speak with Inquisitor Dak'Aar, but for now the alien from another universe seemed busy celebrating with Cmdr Cypher and the Bridge crew of Event Horizon. Using his PADD, the Admiral began sending messages to the CO's of Oriskany and Whitestar letting them know their crews have arrived safely. Aeryck also made sure to invite them to the celebration in the Observation Lounge. Since the Commodore was already in attendance, he would need to contact Infiniti's crew to let them know their friends and family had returned.

Post Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: