Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> Starbase 34

Observation Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
VADM Martinelli
Vice Admiral

Tony was wondering about that himself. Was he going to be the Deputy Commander in Chief? The Vice Admiral would have to talk to Adm Arayuss about this the next time they spoke. It wasn't that VAdm Martinelli didn't appreciate being promoted, he was just as curious as MGen Alderez was regarding the position. For if the Vice Admiral was promoted to Deputy CinC, who would be the Chief of Fleet Operations?

VAdm Martinelli: I'm not sure, Rex. The Admiral didn't mention a change in position. I'll have to find out later, right now I just want to celebrate the return of our friends from that disaster of a mission Event Horizon went through. Perhaps we'll be getting somebody sent out here to take over as Chief of Fleet Operations, but for right now it's still me. Now, let's go show the Commodore my new rank insignias!

The Vice Admiral placed his arm around MGen Alderez's shoulders and together they walked over to where Como Carpathia was standing with members of Infiniti's crew. Tony smiled to the Commodore as he showed E.J. the new rank insignias.

VAdm Martinelli: Hey, E.J.! Look who's a Vice Admiral now! I just got promoted by the Admiral! Isn't this awesome? I don't know if my position is changing to Deputy Commander in Chief yet or not since there's nobody available to become Chief of Fleet Operations at this time. I know you could easily fill the position, but that would leave Infiniti without an experienced Commanding Officer and we would need an experienced Division 1 Commander as well. So it looks to me like if somebody was going to become Chief of Fleet Operations, they would have to be from outside Gamma Fleet. So until that happens, that position will most likely be mine for a while yet.

The current Chief of Fleet Operations shook hands with the Division 1 Commander as other members of Infiniti's crew came over to congratulate the Vice Admiral. Tony always admired Como Carpathia and his crew, they were so much like an actual family, more so than the crews of Oriskany and Whitestar. They have been through so much together, how could they be anything else but the way they are? VAdm Martinelli could see why Como Carpathia didn't want to be promoted, for if Tony had a crew like Infiniti's, he wouldn't want to be promoted either.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

E.J. was completely thrilled when he saw the rank insignias on VAdm Martinelli's collars and sleeves indicating he was now a Vice Admiral. Como Carpathia fought the urge to shudder when he thought about if a promotion would be forced upon him to a rank that would take him away from Infiniti. The Commodore agreed with everything VAdm Martinelli said about him not wanting to be promoted.

Como Carpathia: Well, look at you! You made it to Vice Admiral! That is indeed an awesome turn of events for you! I'm sure the Admiral has a plan on what to do about your position. I have faith in him, I always have. I just don't want to be promoted off Infiniti. I love that ship and the crew, I'd like to remain in command of it until I can no longer do the job properly and then I'll see about taking a desk position.

The Division 1 Commander hoped he didn't offend VAdm Martinelli in any way, he just personally felt that an office position just wasn't for him at this time in his lift. It was in the famous words of Capt James T. Kirk that read, Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the Bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference. in which Como Carpathia took to heart and he firmly believed he could still make a difference out there.

Post Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CMDR Delgado
Commander

When the XO of Infiniti saw the Chief of Fleet Operations speaking with the Division 1 Commander in a joyful manner, Aléjandro entered into the circle that also included the Fleet Marine Force Commandant. Once the Commander was closer, he could see the new rank insignias on the Vice Admiral's collars and sleeves!

Cmdr Delgado: Congratulations, Vice Admiral! You've been a Rear Admiral for a long time, it's great to see your hard work has paid off, Sir!

Aléjandro shook VAdm Martinelli's hand in a congratulatory fashion before he turned towards Como Carpathia and spoke with the CO of Infiniti.

Cmdr Delgado: I heard we've lost communications with the colony on New Bajor. Will Infiniti be going to check it out, Commodore? I can have the ship ready to go in fifteen minutes.

The Commander waited to hear what the Commodore had to say about going to the colony on New Bajor to see if it was just a downed transmitter or had a series of unfortunate events taken place. It was up to Como Carpathia if he wanted to investigate the situation himself or send one of the other vessels in Division 1 to check out why communication has ceased with the Bajoran colony.

Post Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:02 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

The Commodore thought for a moment and then responded to his XO, Cmdr Delgado. E.J. knew of someone who would really like a mission in the Gamma Quadrant and had been really antsy about it. This would be a good mission for the new Captain too.

Como Carpathia: I'm afraid not, Aléjandro. I heard about the situation and this sounds like a perfect mission for Captain Daqtorgh and Whitestar. We'll let them head out to New Bajor and find out what's going on over there. If they need back up, we'll be ready. I can see the Captain over there by the railing, I'll let him know he's needed to investigate New Bajor's Communication Blackout.

E.J. walked over to Capt Daqtorgh by the railing and spoke to him about the situation at New Bajor.

Como Carpathia: Captain Daqtorgh, we seemed to have lost communications with the colony on New Bajor a few hours ago and no contact has been re-established as of yet. I'd like it if Whitestar would go out there and investigate. If you need back up, just let me know and Infiniti will be out there to assist. How soon can you be ready to launch?

The Division 1 Commander waited to hear what the Klingon Captain had to say regarding his first mission in the Gamma Quadrant. This mystery needed to be solved in case something nefarious was at hand at the colony and Como Carpathia figured this would be a good mission for Capt Daqtorgh and the crew of Whitestar.

Post Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CAPT Daqtorgh
Captain

The Captain saw the Commodore approaching and stood ready to speak to him. Perhaps Como Carpathia was coming over to finally give Whitestar it's next mission, which would be Daqtorgh's first mission in the Gamma Quadrant. After the Division 1 Commander informed Capt Daqtorgh about New Bajor being without communications with SB34 for a few hours, the Klingon Captain knew this mission had a serious time factor. Under normal circumstances, Whitestar would be ready to launch in 10 hours, but that wasn't going to work when time was of the essence.

Capt Daqtorgh: Commodore, Whitestar can be ready to go within an hour. That gives me time to get everyone on board and to stations, we'll test systems along the way. I'm glad to know, if needed we would have Infiniti to back us up. I will find out what happened to the colony on New Bajor. Thank you for the opportunity to prove myself to you, Commodore.

The CO of Whitestar shook Como Carpathia's hand before he walked quickly to the Turbolifts with Ens Garcia in tow and took one to the Gangway entrance to Whitestar and hastily they entered the Akira Class Starship. It was the Captain's plan to go to the Bridge and wait for everyone to be at their stations so they could leave for New Bajor as soon as possible.

Post Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:55 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Since Capt Daqtorgh walked off to his ship, leaving the Commodore there alone, E.J. walked over to Adm Arayuss who was standing by the wall of Replicators preparing to get himself something to eat. Como Carpathia wasn't sure if he made the correct choice by sending Whitestar to New Bajor alone, with a Captain who may lack the experience and knowledge of being a member of a Starfleet crew. It was obvious Capt Daqtorgh wasn't going to turn out to be a lush, like Capt Zh'Osha, but what if all the stress breaks his brain like it did with Cmdr Little? E.J. needed some encouragement from Adm Arayuss that the Klingon Captain wasn't going to have a breakdown and leave his crew without a Commanding Officer. The Commodore decided to speak telepathically to the Admiral, so that nobody else could hear his concern about Capt Daqtorgh.

Como Carpathia: I've got concerns about our Klingon Captain, Aeryck. This is Daqtorgh's first Starfleet crew and he's going into a situation that may be over his head and I don't want him out there and getting his brain broken like what happened to Lewis on Event Horizon's mission. The crew of Whitestar already lost Captain Adonis and Captain Zh'Osha was just a bad fit for them. I need some encouragement that I just didn't send the Whitestar crew from the frying pan into the fire.

The Division 1 Commander waited to hear back from Adm Arayuss as he hoped the CinC could settle his nerves regarding Capt Daqtorgh's stability. The last thing E.J. wanted was for the Klingon Captain to mentally check out when things weren't as easy as he was used to on a vessel in the Klingon Defense Force. The Commodore wondered if he should just get Infiniti ready and launch alongside Whitestar and have both vessels investigate why communications have ceased with New Bajor. Perhaps this was just too much for Capt Daqtorgh to take on alone with the crew of Whitestar.

Post Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

The Admiral reached out and put his hand on the Commodore's arm to offer him the support E.J. needed during his time of doubt in Capt Daqtorgh abilities. Aeryck had a good feeling about the Klingon exchange officer from the KDF and wanted to express it to his long time friend so that it would obliterate any remaining doubts he had.

Adm Arayuss: There is no reason for concern, E.J. I read all about the Captain and his records from the Klingon Defense Force. Daqtorgh will be a fine addition to Gamma Fleet, I can assure you. What happened to Lewis was of his own lack of his ability to cope with the situation at hand. Kind of like when somebody suddenly gets amnesia when they owe you money. It is just magical timing that these things happen. But you cannot compare what happened to Lewis to what you think may happen with Daqtorgh. Just relax a little and unwind, we are here to celebrate for a short time longer. Giving this mission to Whitestar was not an error, so do not worry about it. What we should be worried about is what is the cause behind the termination of communications with New Bajor. But we will find out soon enough since it will take Whitestar around two hours to get there once it launches.

The CinC remained by his friend's side and hoped what he said gave E.J. the confidence he needed to feel better about his decision to send Capt Daqtorgh to New Bajor to investigate why communications with the colony have ceased. It could be for any number of reasons, from something simple like a downed transmitter to something far more nefarious. Whatever the case may be, Whitestar would soon discover if the loss of communications was technical or sinister.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:31 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

E.J. watched, along with the others attending the celebration, the USS Whitestar leave it's berth by backing out and spinning on its axis to face the Space Doors. Slowly and steadily, the Akira Class vessel made for the opening doors and exited out into space. Once Whitestar was clear of the Space Doors, they began closing so the ship was no longer in his line of sight. The Commodore was feeling better about the conversation he had with Adm Arayuss regarding Daqtorgh not being in over his head and relaxed. A few moments later he received a message on his PADD from Whitestar that they just gone to Warp and their ETA was just under 2 hours to New Bajor. E.J. smiled as he showed his PADD to the Admiral and sent a telepathic message to him.

Como Carpathia: Looks like Daqtorgh is as good as his word, Admiral. Thank you for helping me with my confidence with him. I guess I just had some doubts, that's all. But you've put them to rest. Thanks again, Sir.

The Commodore kept his PADD close by just in case Whitestar sent him another message aimed directly at him. Since they were less than 2 hours away from New Bajor, E.J. wasn't sure if they would need back up so he walked over towards Cmdr Delgado and instructed him to collect Infiniti's crew and have them prep for departure, just in case they were needed since the celebration was starting to wind down anyway.

Como Carpathia: Aléjandro, collect the crew and have them report to their stations aboard Infiniti. I don't know if Whitestar will need us or not, but I'd want to leave right away if Daqtorgh calls for assistance. Make it so, Commander!

The Division 1 Commander watched as his XO started collecting members of Infiniti's crew that were here in the Observation Lounge. E.J. was very happy with his crew and knew they were the closest family in the fleet. After all they've been through together in the past 3 missions in the Gamma Quadrant. The Commodore couldn't be more pleased at how well they all worked together. Since Whitestar was able to get launched in under an hour, it would appear that Daqtorgh got himself a crew that worked well together too. All that was left to see was how the crew of Oriskany worked with their new Captain. They just needed a Yeoman from the Star Cadet program to fill the vacancy aboard their vessel. Something E.J. would look into right away for his friend and former XO, David Calzada.

Post Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ENS McKenna
Ensign

Jeremy entered the Observation Lounge looking for Como Carpathia. The Ensign received orders to report to him from VAdm Martinelli to get his assignment. Seeing the Commodore by himself, Jeremy thought it was a good time to approach the Division 1 Commander and speak to him. Walking directly up to Como Carpathia, the Ensign smiled and stood at attention in front of the Commodore.

Ens McKenna: Commodore Carpathia, I am Ensign Jeremy Andrew McKenna, reporting to you for duty as ordered by Vice Admiral Martinelli. My orders are here on this PADD for you to see, Sir.

The Ensign waited on Como Carpathia to take the PADD and review the orders he was given by the Chief of Fleet Operations. Jeremy was unsure what the actual assignment would be, just that he was supposed to report to the Commodore for it. The young officer hoped it would be something exciting he could write home about. Jeremy was already the envy of his friends getting assigned to Gamma Fleet, so he couldn't wait to let them know what his assignment was going to be.

Post Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

The Commodore was pleased to meet the Ensign and took the PADD from the lad. Looking it over, E.J. saw the notation from VAdm Martinelli that read This Ensign should solve the problem of your search. He's a good kid too. which put a smile on the Commodore's face. E.J. knew exactly where to take the young officer and instructed him to follow along.

Como Carpathia: Follow me, Ensign. I have the perfect assignment for a young officer such as yourself.

Together they walked across the lounge over to where Capt Calzada was sitting and chatting with Cmdr Kee and LtCmdr Boffi. As the Commodore approached with the Ensign, the three Oriskany officers stood up to greet the newcomers.

Como Carpathia: Hey David, I've got someone to be your Yeoman! This is Ensign Jeremy Andrew McKenna, at your service.

The Division 1 Commander smiled at all of them and waited for the exchange of handshakes to be completed. The Captain seemed quite pleased to meet the last member of the crew of Oriskany to fill a long time vacancy. Now that David's ship was fully crewed, he just needed a mission which would come soon enough. Especially if the situation at New Bajor escalated to be something severe enough that both Infiniti and Oriskany were needed.

Post Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: